California HOT AIR BALLOON PILOT CERTIFICATION
California Hot Air Balloon Aviator Certification
Call for free info at
You're absolutely not the only one who gets motivated to fly after their first Hot Air Balloon ride. It is an easy process to get started and be one with the skies! California Balloon Rides offers pilots an opportunity to become certified to fly a hot air balloon.Soar through the skies, taking in the breathtaking views of the Golden State! For individuals who aren't looking for anything more from their pilot certification than to have the freedom to fly whenever you wish, a private pilot's license will definitely be ideal.
Study to be a certified hot air balloon pilot in California. Start your career or a new hobby in ballooning now! 1-800-611-1298
The training will put you to the test, but you will have tons of fun throughout the adventure!
A Licensed Pilot in California has completed ground school and flight training with a Certified Hot Air Balloon Commercial Pilot. This process consists of:
- Passing a Federal Aviation written examination:
- Some of the subjects you'll see on the flight theory assessment include:
- Meteorology: The study of weather patterns and how they will influence your flight.
- Statics: Dealing with gases and liquids and how they balance.
- Airmanship: Standard requirements in regards to aeronautics.
- Navigation: Navigating your route throughout flight.
- Flight Rules and Procedures: FAA Regulations covering pilot rights, restrictions, and flight procedures.
- Aviators Rules of Conduct
Ballooning Student Pilots in California
Before this certification, you will be required to have your student pilot Certification
Student Ballooning Pilot Certificates in California may be issued by FAA inspectors or designated pilot supervisors.
Student pilots must be at least 14 years of age.
No medical certificate is required, but the student must verify that he/she has no known medical problem that would stop them from piloting a balloon.
Show to the instructor that you understand pre-flight procedure, precisely how to operate the controls of the balloon, and how to safely touchdown and launch in the balloon.
Learner pilots may not carry guests.
California Private Pilot Certification
- You must be at least 16 years of age to be eligible for a California Private Pilot's Certificate.
- No medical certificate is required, but you must certify that you do not have any known medical defects that would prevent you from piloting a balloon.
- You must pass a written test that will cover:
- FAA Regulations covering pilot privileges, limitations, and flight procedures.
- Use of navigation charts.
- Weather conditions & reports as they relate to ballooning.
- Operating procedures with gas and hot air balloons.
- Flight Rules and Procedures
- Code of Conduct
- Must have at least 10 hours of flight experience, of which 6 must have been under the supervision of an instructor. Flights must have included:
- Tow flights of at least 30 minutes
- One ascent to 3000 feet above takeoff point
- One solo flight
Commercial Pilot Certification in California
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- No medical certificate required, but you must certify that you do not have any known medical defects that would prevent you from piloting a balloon.
- You must pass a comprehensive written exam that encompasses all the material required for a Private Pilot Certificate in California, and additional operating procedures relating to commercial operations and requirements for flight instructors.
- Training for all procedures required for a California Private Certification must be received from an authorized instructor, plus emergency recovery from a terminal velocity descent.
Required 35 hours of flight time for a California commercial certificate must include:
- At least 35 hours of flight time as a pilot.
- 20 hours of flight time in balloons.
- 6 hours of flight time under the supervision of an instructor.
- 2 solo flights.
- 2 flights of at least one hour duration.
- 1 flight to 5000 feet above the take off point.
Call 1-800-611-1298 to start your journey towards a hot air ballooning pilot's license today!