California HOT AIR BALLOON PILOT CERTIFICATION
Study to become a licensed hot air balloon captain in California!
For COMPLIMENTARY details, call us at
1-800-611-1298 Right now!
You're definitely not the only one who gets motivated to fly after their first Hot Air Balloon ride. It is an easy process to get started and join the skies! California Balloon Rides offers pilots an opportunity to become certified to fly a hot air balloon.Soar through the skies, enjoying the breathtaking views of the Golden State! If you are interested in taking friends and family on a hot air balloon ride or simply just want to soar the skies alone, a California private pilot certification will be all you'll need.
The training will put you to the test, but you will have tons of fun throughout the adventure!
A Licensed Pilot in California has completed ground school and flight training with a Certified Hot Air Balloon Commercial Pilot. This process consists of:
- Passing a Federal Aviation written examination:
- Topics gone over in the flight theory exam include:
- Meteorology: The study of weather trends and how they will affect your air travel.
- Aerostatics: Dealing with gases and liquids and how they balance.
- Airmanship: General protocols in reference to aeronautics.
- Navigation: Navigating your course during flight.
- Flight Regulations and Procedures: Proper performance, flight regulations and in flight procedures.
- Code of Conduct
Ballooning Student Pilots in California
Before you begin your instruction, you will need to acquire a student pilot's certification.
Student Ballooning Pilot Certificates in California can be issued by FAA assessors or assigned pilot examiners.
Student pilots must be at least 14 years of age.
Certify that you are clinically able to pilot a hot air balloon.
Demonstrate to the teacher that you know pre-flight procedure, precisely how to use the controls of the balloon, and how to safely land and takeoff in the balloon.
Student pilots should not expect to carry guests unless their certification is finished.
California Private Pilot Certification
- You must be at least 16 years of age to be eligible for a California Private Pilot's Certificate.
- No medical certificate is required, but you must certify that you do not have any known medical defects that would prevent you from piloting a balloon.
- You must pass a written test that will cover:
- FAA Regulations covering pilot privileges, limitations, and flight procedures.
- Use of navigation charts.
- Weather conditions & reports as they relate to ballooning.
- Operating procedures with gas and hot air balloons.
- Flight Rules and Procedures
- Code of Conduct
- Must have at least 10 hours of flight experience, of which 6 must have been under the supervision of an instructor. Flights must have included:
- Tow flights of at least 30 minutes
- One ascent to 3000 feet above takeoff point
- One solo flight
Commercial Pilot Certification in California
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- No medical certificate required, but you must certify that you do not have any known medical defects that would prevent you from piloting a balloon.
- You must pass a comprehensive written exam that encompasses all the material required for a Private Pilot Certificate in California, and additional operating procedures relating to commercial operations and requirements for flight instructors.
- Training for all procedures required for a California Private Certification must be received from an authorized instructor, plus emergency recovery from a terminal velocity descent.
Required 35 hours of flight time for a California commercial certificate must include:
- At least 35 hours of flight time as a pilot.
- 20 hours of flight time in balloons.
- 6 hours of flight time under the supervision of an instructor.
- 2 solo flights.
- 2 flights of at least one hour duration.
- 1 flight to 5000 feet above the take off point.
Call 1-800-611-1298 to start your path towards a hot air ballooning pilot's license today!